Home > News > Industry News

What is pulp pump?


As of my last update in September 2021, there is no commonly known or standard industrial equipment referred to as a "pulp pump." It is possible that new terminology or equipment has emerged since then, but I can provide information on the term "pulp pump" as it was generally understood up to that point.

A "pulp pump" typically refers to a type of pump used in the paper and pulp industry. The paper and pulp industry involves the production of paper, cardboard, and other pulp-based products from wood or recycled paper materials. In this context, a pulp pump would be a specific type of pump designed to handle the transportation of pulp in various stages of the papermaking process.


Pulp pumps are required for moving pulp through different stages of the production line, such as from the pulping process to the refining process or from one storage tank to another. These pumps are specifically designed to handle the fibrous nature of the pulp, which can be quite challenging for standard pumps.

The design and specifications of pulp pumps can vary depending on the specific application and the characteristics of the pulp being transported. They are usually constructed with materials that can withstand the abrasive and corrosive nature of the pulp. Some common types of pumps used in the paper and pulp industry include centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps.

Please note that if you are referring to a different type of pulp pump or a more recent development, it would be helpful to provide more context or specify the industry or application you are interested in for a more accurate response.

Previous:No News
Next:No News

Leave Your Message